Some are convinced that if they stay purely to marijuana that they'll be okay. I have a different opinion, which doesn't include just the psychological effects.
My belief is that dope really does mess with the mind, and I can't back my side up well enough as when I was using marijuana I was also in with mushrooms (which goes to another point when people say if you stay purely to the natural drugs, you'll be okay) I just don't think it's a good idea, and cannot impress well enough to persuade some to keep away from dope. Who's life is it that I should be telling them to do other than that that they do. I probably don't have the right to tell people what they should or should not do, even if it is drugs. Is it similar to my mom telling me that I should not smoke cigarettes?
I cannot justify my point, and will not engage in arguments about dope with some people. I also note a friend went the hospital a few days ago to they psych ward triggered by the use of dope. How can I help people stay away from dope? Should I tell them that a nice rich and fulfilling drug life leads to being 33 years old and working at Wendy's? Should I tell them about how I got jacked for selling dope three times at some point in the past? Should I tell them (with the intent to sway them from drug use) that there's a whole shitload of other stuff that goes on around the drug market? I have no idea.
The choice that I make is to not smoke dope. I do smoke cigarettes (which some think is worse), it is other people's lives, though I guess those too are in my life. I'd prefer to stay away from dope as to the links that are surrounding the notion, and I guess that I can't do a hell of a lot for others. What if marijuana is good for them and their lives? What if it fuels their creativity like how I made up all the Shoulspeak? What if it makes their lives more enjoyable and free of pain? What if it is a vital link to them and their friends and actually draw them close in friendship? Does this then lead back to the notion that as long as people aren't hurting others, they should be free to chose what they do and do not do/consume? Every person can probably rationalize their actions, and I'm not sure what place I have in helping people with their lives. Best I can do is to continue to do what I can do.
Six billion subjective realities in one objective playground.
Robert
No comments:
Post a Comment