Sunday, 7 August 2011

Jet's get abused by Sapphires....

With a few communications made in the past while, i'm gaining some awareness of myself and my communication techniques and tactics.  In the past two or so weeks I've encountered and communicated with three main Jets (people that actively think all they hear (listeners)).  I in these cases have found myself as a Sapphire (audio out (speaker)) and note that in one communication spoke a lot to the person without getting them talking.  Some Jets will be okay without a need or desire to speak, though in the case of another, they too have their own inclination to speak.  I let them speak.  If I shift myself from being a Sapphire to a Jet (or Pearl) I can learn a lot about the other person, and also allow them a chance to process their issues/stuff.  I guess the main point is that I am aware I talk too much (sometimes) and that I'm learning the value of letting other people speak.

Anyways, short post, keep at 'er, and if you find yourself talking too much, just stop, clarify why you are speaking, and take concern for the other person.  Let them share with you.

Thanks
Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment